Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tiger's Birthday...

So, yesterday was Tiger's birthday. {25} :) And it seems he had a great day, getting a lot done that he wanted while still celebrating some. {26}

Let me explain-

When he got home from work the night before, it was already officially his birthday, and the Christmas tree was up and decorated. All he had to do is water, skirt it, and add lights, which he did in his own time throughout the day. :)

Not the best lighting, but this is our little tree. :) I had a lot of fun decorating it, even though it took longer than normal due to surgery.
Tiger's new stocking from the gift exchange...

One of three butterflies from Laura. Handmade in Poland.

One of our beautiful birds. We have a few different ones...

Heart of faith, nativity scene bulb, and hand-crafted sand dollar ornament, which is probably one of my favorites. :)

My cute little teapot!

Santa's got his glow on...

Another cute butterfly...

Hand-made turtledove by Diana with other ornaments in the background...

Our biggest ornament is this butterfly I usually keep up year-round elsewhere...

Star of hope...

Faith closeup.

Closeup of sand dollar...

My favorite angel ornament...

Cork and felt teddy bear made by God's Kids Caring... a wonderful organization I really enjoy volunteering at during Christmas, whose tree sale proceeds go to help needy families throughout the year.

One of my plaid bulbs... I really like them. :)

Light can be seen right through this Nativity ornament...

As well as through this bulb.

Lit-up plaid...

Nativity ornament closeup.

Snowflake from Linda and one of the stars I got at Ikea with Laura last year...


He came home with a Christmas gift, as they did a gift exchange at work. He ended up with fishing bait in a stocking, which he seemed pretty thrilled with. The stocking going onto the tree was the first thing he did when he got home.

Tiger decided to wait to open his gift and card from me until later in the day, so he felt he was opening it on his official birthday, even though it was after midnight. lol It was cute...

Ironically, I saw this photo of owls, very similar to the one I got Tiger for his birthday, 20 minutes after he opened his gift. Photo from We Heart It
 We watched movies. Three of them throughout the day, two of which (Timeline and Uncommon Valor) I really enjoyed.

For dinner, we had turkey soup as the appetizer, then a bit later, turkey, rice with gravy, steamed broccoli, and stuffing. For desert, a few hours later, it was pumpkin pie with whipped cream. :)

One of my pieces of turkey was shaped like a heart. :)
He got to catch up on his sleep, which I was thankful for. {27}

God is so good to allow us to bless each other on birthdays; to celebrate the lives of the people He has blessed us with. Tiger's birthday was also the anniversary of the birthday of someone else who was really close to my heart, whom the family called  (calls) Dadeda. She was the grandmother of one of my uncles, and is still thought of and missed. She was nearly 104 years old when she passed away, a few weeks ahead of her birthday.

And, of course, today is the birthday of another family member, Monica, who's been staying and working in Alaska, and then right after Christmas, my Dad's 60th birthday, and then on January 1st, the birthday of my sister-in-law's father. It seems busier than ever these days. lol But I'm thankful for these people, who have touched my life in their own ways, and thank God for what time I have and have had with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment