Friday, December 16, 2011

Everyday Miracles

Yesterday, I got a surprise call from my friend Nan, which was really the highlight of my day {6}, as well as a text from Stefan and Heather in Illinois {7} to check on how I'm doing. I also went for my second walk outside {8}, for which I was extremely grateful.

The night before, I was truly blessed as I listened to the X-Factor's Melanie Amaro {9} and Josh Krajcik {10}, who I thought both did an amazing job, bringing me nearly to tears with their renditions of Hero (Amaro) and Hallelujah (Krajcik). If one or the other ends up not winning, I would be totally shocked, as the two of them stood out to me from the get-go and have not failed to live up to the beauty of their voices even when the staging wasn't necessarily on-target.

I also recently watched The Christmas Visitor {11), which really hit home. If you haven't seen it, and have lost any loved ones with the recent wars, it's a must-see.

I got good news about the health of a close loved one who has been going through some very trying times two days in a row now, for which I am most grateful of all {12}.

I got something that was really on my heart resolved {13}, and a dear loved one has offered a way to help with two of the other things weighing heavily there {14}. With the first of these, perfect strangers, one named Jeff {15} and the other his boss, whose name I may never know {16} were a huge help. With the latter, someone very close to my heart, whom I love dearly, has offered her help {17} in an unexpected way.

Last but not least, Tiger came home after a hard long day at work and, since I'm still recovering, made a wonderful Mexican meal for dinner {18}. He has no idea how much I appreciate him nor all he has done on my behalf, but for those of you out there: it's good to be thankful and humble and caring with those around you, as yo never know who will be called to care for you in your time of need. I am so thankful God placed Tiger in my life {20}, even though things are sometimes more difficult than I wish they were.

Even in just these past couple of days, God has really taught me a lot and helped me to better understand life as it is and to continue to believe Him, and in Him. He performs miracles everyday, and if we look closely enough, without using a microscope, we will see them with the eyes of faith, hope, and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment