Saturday, August 17, 2013

Oregon Christian Writer's Conference 2013: A Life Changing Experience

So, earlier this week, I was blessed to be able to attend the Oregon Christian Writer's Conference, 2013, over on Hayden Island. It was the 50th year for the conference, and the 1st year they had the Cascade Awards, and it was a pleasure and honor to be there.

Have you ever lived within a moment when you knew without a shadow of doubt God had you there for such a time as then?

This week, that's what I experienced from Monday early afternoon through Thursday afternoon, taking coaching courses, attending workshops, and listening to keynote speaker Liz Curtis Higgs and then, on Thursday, Georgene Rice.

I can't recall when I've sensed such a wonderful fit with a group of people. There were both Oregon Christian Writers and American Christian Fiction Writers people in attendance; editors, agents, publishers, and fellow writers. It was a wonderful time, and I took in all that I was able.

 As people got to know one another and learn more about their calling, the Holy Spirit's presence was palpable and His leading was distinctively with me. I made a number of new acquaintances whom I hope will become good friends over time, and got some good critique for Edward's Heart, the first novel in a time travel romance series I have been working on.

While Edward's Heart is a finished manuscript, I'm currently in process as I continue to edit and hone it toward its end goal. Rose for Rose, the second book in this series, is already underway, as well. It is my hope that this series will be five, possibly six books. Aside from this, I am working on a text tentatively entitled Antics in 'Edhen, looking at life before The Fall. This is a fantasy book.

The feedback I received from both a mentor and an editor/ publisher was quite helpful, and I have implemented some of the suggestions they've given. I look forward to the day I submit the manuscript, for I am confident they will see great change, for the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment